type’s terms & conditions
2. We reserve the right to update these Terms from time to time at our discretion. If we do so, the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms so that you are aware of any changes to them.
3. To use the App, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally capable of entering into a contract and not be registered as a sex offender anywhere in the world.
4. You can register at the App through your Facebook or Google Plus account, or you can register directly. If you register at the App through Facebook or Google Plus, you authorise us to access and use on the App your Facebook or Google Plus account information, including your public profile. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password you choose during the registration process, and you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account. Please take precautions to protect your password and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe there has been any unauthorized use of your account.
5. You may only register on the App using your own details, and all information you provide to us on registration must be accurate and complete.
Use of the App
6. The App enables users to upload personal information, including their own perception of their aesthetic characteristics, and to upload photographs. The App will then match users to other users based on the personal information. Each user will be able to see the personal information and photographs provided by a user that they match.
7. Users can like any of their matched users for free. Users can also send a Magic Heart to a matched user. Users can obtain magic hearts as follows: (a) users receive 10 magic hearts on registration; (b) users receive a further 3 magic hearts each day; (c) users can earn magic hearts by participating in various activities on the App, such as watching an in App advertisement; and (d) users can buy magic hearts on the App Store or Google Play.
8. Users can chat within the App if (a) matched users exchange Magic Hearts; (b) matched users exchange likes; and (c) one matched user sends a Magic Heart, and the other user sends a like.
9. Type permits users to use the App for your own personal use. The App must not be used for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. Users of the App may not use any information obtained from the App to advertise to, solicit, or sell to any other user without his or her prior explicit consent.
11. There are many opportunities for you to interact and provide content to the App and to interact with other users (User Content). You understand and agree that User Content may be viewed by other users on the App, and that they may be able to see who has posted User Content. You further agree that we can use User Content for any other purposes, and combine User Content with other content for use within the App and otherwise. We do not have to attribute User Content to the user who first provided that User Content.
12. User Content must comply with all applicable laws and regulations. In particular, but without limitation, your User Content must not (a) be inaccurate, false or misleading; (b) promote racism, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group, establishment or individual; (c) harass or encourage harassment of another person; (d) promote illegal activities, criminal conduct or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous; (e) contain inappropriate content, including sexual or violent content; (f) involve the transmission of junk mail, chain letters, or unsolicited mass mailing or spamming; and/or (g) infringe any third party rights, including copyright, trade marks or rights of privacy.
13. We are not responsible and accept no liability for User Content including any User Content that contains incorrect information or is defamatory about another user. We accept no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any User Content but we reserve the right to remove, screen and/or edit any User Content without notice and at any time. We do not necessarily endorse any opinion or statement contained in any User Content.
Meeting other users
14. You understand that we do not investigate the backgrounds of any users or check the information provided by users. You agree to take all necessary precautions in all interactions with other users, particularly if you decide to communicate outside the App or meet in person. Type shall have no liability to you whatsoever in relation to your interactions with other users of the App.
16. The copyright in all material contained in the App including all information, data, text, images, and all source code and other software is owned by or licensed to Type (Our Content). All rights are reserved. You can view, print or download extracts of the Content for your own use but you cannot otherwise copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit, disseminate in any form whatsoever or use Our Content without our permission.
17. The TYPE™ trade mark is owned by Type Dating Limited.
Link to third party content
18. The App may contain links to websites or apps operated by third parties. We do not have any influence or control over any such third party websites or apps and we are not responsible for and do not endorse any third party websites or apps or their availability or content.
19. We accept no responsibility for adverts contained within the App. If you agree to purchase goods and/or services from any third party who advertises in the App, you do so at your own risk. The advertiser, and not Type, is responsible for such goods and/or services and if you have any questions or complaints in relation to them, you should contact the advertiser.
Liability and disclaimer –
Your attention is particularly drawn to this section
20. Use of the App is at your own risk. The App is provided on an “as is” basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law: (a) Type disclaims all liability whatsoever, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) under statute or otherwise in relation to the App including all content uploaded by users; and (b) all implied warranties, terms and conditions relating to the App (whether implied by statute, common law or otherwise), including without limitation any warranty, term or condition as to accuracy, completeness, reliability, satisfactory quality, performance, fitness for purpose, availability and non-infringement are excluded. Your statutory rights as a consumer are not affected.
21. Type will not be liable, in contract, tort (including negligence), under statute or otherwise, as a result of or in connection with the App, for any (a) economic loss including, without limitation, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings; (b) loss of reputation; (c) loss of data including your User Content; and/or (d) special or indirect or consequential loss even if advised of the possibility of such losses.
22. If Type is liable to you directly or indirectly in relation to the App, that liability (howsoever arising) shall be limited to the greater of the sums paid by you to use the App during the previous 6 months and £50. Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as excluding or limiting the liability of Type for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability which cannot be excluded by English law.
23. We will use reasonable endeavours to make the App available to you at all times. However, there may be occasions when access to the App may be interrupted, including for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. In addition, you acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of content and interactions with other users may not be secure.
24. We reserve the right to remove any content or features from the App for any reason, without prior notice and/or to suspend or cease providing any services relating to the App without notice, and shall have no liability or responsibility to you in any manner whatsoever in such circumstances.
25. We may suspend or delete your account if (a) you have breached any provision of these Terms; (b) we cannot verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; and/or (c) we determine that your conduct could damage our reputation. If we delete your account, you may not re-register under a different name and you acknowledge that your User Content may be deleted.
26. You may terminate your account at any time by deleting the App, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
28. You consent to receive all communications including notices and other information from Type electronically. Type may provide all such communications by email, text or by posting them on the App.
29. If you have any complaint or wish to raise a dispute under these Terms or otherwise in relation to the App please follow this link http://ec.europa.eu/odr
30. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Last updated: November 2016